Thank you to all!October 26, 2023
The Kyrene Foundation is looking for dedicated individuals to join our Board of Directors. The Kyrene Foundation works hand in hand with the Kyrene School District to ensure the needs of the Kyrene Community are met. Our board is made up entirely of volunteers who are passionate about education and giving back.
Our ideal board members are involved in their community, teamwork oriented, and committed to serving the students, educators, and families in the Kyrene community. While all interested candidates are encouraged to apply, the Kyrene Foundation has identified specific needs in the areas of fundraising, grant writing, event planning, marketing & communications, social media marketing, and finance. Prior board or non-profit experience is a plus, but not required.
- Participate in Monthly Board Meetings (1st Fridy of the month)
- Participate in committees and to commit time to foundation initiatives
- Help to organize and execute key fundraising and giving events
- Assist in fundraising initiatives including soliciting sponsors, securing donations, and volunteering at fundraising events
- Represent the foundation, advocate for its mission, and engage with community and district partners.
- Fundraising: Grow sponsor network, secure monetary and in-kind donations, identify and enable new fundraising sources, grow passive income streams
- Grant writing: identify and apply for monetary grants, excellent written communication
- Event planning: Plan and lead larger-scale fundraising events, oversee and coordinate sub-committees, ensure smooth “day of” event execution, identify
and develop new fundraising and giving initiatives
- Social Media: Develop and execute social media strategy for the Foundation. Grow presence across all social platforms, increase awareness, followers and engagements, leverage social media as a fundraising platform, promote foundation events.
- Communications/PR: – Develop and execute a communications plan with the goal of increasing community awareness. Establish relationships with local news outlets, business associations, and partner organizations, partner with the Kyrene School District to coordinate communications, publish press releases and articles, draft content for website, event communications, and newsletters, develop an annual report.
- Financial Oversight: Provide guidance on budgeting, financial planning, and fundraising strategies while ensuring financial compliance.
Join us in making a positive impact in the Kyrene Community! Ready to apply? Download and fill out the application and email it to email@example.com. Application Deadline: 2/12/2024.
The Kyrene Foundation is an equal opportunity organization, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.