Teacher and Staff mini-grants in Kyrene.
Twice annually, The Kyrene Foundation awards mini-grants that:
- Provide enhanced learning opportunities for students
- Support approved professional development for teachers
Kyrene teachers and staff may apply for up to $500.00 for items such as guest speakers, supplies, materials, equipment, educational study trips, conference fees, or allowable travel expenses. Just over $10,000 was awarded for great proposals impacting student learning in Kyrene!
Fall grant cycle will open September 2017!
Kyrene Foundation’s Principal Grant.
The grant is designed to support the school’s efforts to increase student achievement by providing additional funds for guest speakers, supplies, materials, equipment, conference fees, or allowable travel expenses up to $5000.00. Applications will be judged with special consideration for those which support the school’s SIP (School Improvement Plan), the Kyrene School District’s adopted curriculum, and/or supports one of the Kyrene School District’s Innovative programs. Principal Grant applications open in April each year and applications are due in June.
- 2015 Centennial Middle School – Where Everyone Belongs Grant
- 2016 Kyrene de los Ninos Elementary – Engineering is Elementary STEAM Integration Pilot
The Kyrene Foundation has supported over 43 Kyrene classrooms with mini-grants in the 2016-2017 school year totaling nearly $18,000.
Highlights from this year:
- Kyrene Middle School’s Minitown
- Kyrene Traditional School’s SLUG Garden Bench
- Paloma and Colina’s Jazz Assembly
- Centennial Middle School’s Active Seating-Stability Balls
- District Wide SPED Literacy Supports
- National Forum on Dropout Prevention Conference
- Aprende’s Bio-Exploration Forensics Unit
- Norte’s Place Value Galore- 2nd Grade Math Manipulatives
- Colina’s Engineering Centers